If someone would have told me 10 years ago that I'd be a stay at home mom and a photographer, I would have laughed in their face. I know staying home with Kye isn't completely permanent, but the past 9 1/2 months have been some of the best months of my life.
I had big dreams in and before college. Owning my own therapeutic riding center, writing or designing for a publication such as Western Horseman or Quarter Horse Journal, working for the Cowgirl Hall of Fame, etc. I thought I'd be horseback at least a few times a week. I thought I'd be a photojournalist, a journalist, a marketing director - something I thought at that time was "important".
Now as I sit here editing photos, listening to Kye snore over the monitor sitting next to me and I can't help but smile. I am living the dreams I didn't think about - the dreams that mean the most. I am the wife to a hard working, smart, loving man and the mother of a handsome, funny, little boy who is so full of life and reminds me daily of God's true blessings.
Photography was something I only dreamed about, something I enjoyed but never thought would lead to what it has lead to. I have weddings booking, sessions piling up and so many sessions to edit, I have no idea when or how I will get them all done! But I LOVE it!
I do miss my horses. I miss living in the country. I miss the girl I was in the jeans and 5" brim hat, but that girl will forever be a part of the woman I've become. A wife. A mother. A photographer. And someday, we'll have a place in the country where Kye and I can ride and Kam can watch! Haha!! ;)
Maybe someday I'll volunteer with therapeutic riding again, maybe I'll start writing again...I guess we'll have to see! :)
So here's to unanswered prayers, dreams fulfilled, and more blessings to come!
Peace, Love & Happiness
W
1 comment:
Aw! Great post! :)
I know what you mean, even though for the most part I'm living the life I dreamed of, married to a cowboy, living on a ranch, raising kids the way I was raised. But I don't ride as much as I used too, and I miss that. I also had great dreams of going down the rodeo trail, and I even had thoughts of having a riding center-
I also worked at a therapeutic riding center in high school, I loved it! I miss that a lot too! Not to mention the great legs I had from all that walking and riding!
But I'm ok with where I'm at.. I'm grateful I'm home with my kids, and we still get to ride. And at least I can see my horses out the back window! :)
Post a Comment