I love lists. I make them ALL the time. To Do Lists, Shopping Lists, Packing Lists, Idea Lists, Dream Lists, etc. etc. etc. Today is no different...
I am so very in love with this summer and I have to tell you why!
1. My son is having a blast.
He is growing up so quickly and I am blessed to get to watch him grow and explore. We stay outside as much as possible. We swim, we water plants, we dig in the mud, etc. He's always got a new scratch, bump, bite or bruise and as odd as it may sounds, I LOVE it. He is such a boy - shooting everything with finger guns, tearing everything up and finding the smallest mud hole and managing to get completely covered in it!
2. We went on our first REAL family vacation
My little boy loves the "feesh" and the "mamimals" so our vacation was spent petting, looking at and feeding every animal we could find. We went to Dallas/Ft. Worth for 4 days. We went to the aquarium, the zoo and the Fossil Rim Wildlife center (see the last post). It was so much fun focusing on Kye and what he loves. I love our little family so much.
3. Large Marge
Large Marge is my swimming pool. Yes, I named my swimming pool. Don't hate. I am a fish. I LOVE water. I love sunshine. I swim at least three times a week. It's been the best thing EVER. I love me some Large Marge.
4. We've actually paid attention to our yard (well the back one any way)
Our backyard has been an eye sore since we moved in, but when I convinced the husband to let me get a pool, our world kind of changed. We dug flower beds and cut back some plants that were already established, but were completely out of control. We made a bottle tree and had fun junkin' it up back there with all of my crazy metal yard art and bright colored flower pots. Kam even planted a small garden. We have tomatoes, peppers, squash and okra. He's gotten slightly obsessed and has done great keeping things producing way more than we can eat. He's even built a compost tumbler and is now building us a green house!
5. The lake
We've gone fishing and floating this summer several times. Just us as a family and with friends. Kye loves boats and fish and especially loves when we ride around on the lake, he laughs and waves at other boats.
6. Fourth of July
I adore fireworks. I'm a kid in a candy store on the Fourth! We went up to the baseball park, piled up in the bed of my father in law's pickup with the Baker clan and watched a beautiful display put on by Post Volunteer Fire Department. Kye held his first sparkler and did great! He was amazed by the fire and kept saying it was "hot"!
7. I quit my office job to pursue my dreams
Maybe I'll fail, maybe I'll be interviewing all over the place all over again, but today...today I am dreaming and I am prepared to do what it takes to make it succeed. Maybe I'm not the best designer or photographer there ever was or ever will be, but I love what I do. I love capturing moments for others that they will cherish for always. This summer, I took a leap. I had returned to work to help out and discovered that my place for the time being is home - with my son, with my camera and with my dreams!
So here's to summer. May we all have happy sunshiny days! :)
Peace, Love & Large Marge,
W
No comments:
Post a Comment