So, I'm sure there are going to be a million blogs about being thankful, but I figure I will be #1,000,001! So...here goes my list! I know I'll leave some out because my life is so full of things to be thankful for, but I'll do my best to cover them without being too wordy or sappy (okay, I'm both...so sue me!)
1. My husband. He is my best friend and my soulmate. He brings a smile to my face just thinking about him. He's tempermental, he's obnoxious and he is a worry-wart; but he is also kind, loving, thoughtful, hilarious, quirky, silly and full of warmth & charm. He tries to cover up his big heart with a tough exterior, but he can't hide it from me. When I found Kam, I found the rest of me and I am beyond blessed to be riding this crazy rollercoaster of life with the man who stole my heart right after he became my best friend! After all, where would Johnny be without his June?! ;)
2. Lizzie (aka my car). I gripe about my poor little minnie-me car, and in all reality if I'd gotten what I wanted I'd be in a gas guzzling pickup or SUV, so here's my thanks for little minnie-me, Lizzie- - I love that you are zippy & speedy. I love that you get between 29 and 36 miles per gallon depending on how fast I'm driving. I am thankful for your good breaks, your A/C that actually works, your auxillary outlet for my Ipod and the fact that I do not have to be concerned about whether or not I'll make it to or from work that day...I am thankful for my reliable, affordable car. Ole Lizzie serves her purpose and serves it well. :)
3. Nicole. Who would have thought that two people could be so different and yet so perfect for one another! I am thankful for my best friend, Nicole. I am thankful for our talks, our laughs, our randomness, our shopping trips, our margaritas before meals and our honesty. I am thankful for her height (she reaches stuff for me! LOL). Who else would write me a song about my body being a wonderland? Or flash their lights at me while I tap my brakes to the musical stylings of GREASE! Or 'Bop' a little to hard...or of course, play the air saxophone for a passing trucker while driving down I20...some friends are meant to be. There isn't a doubt in my mind that I have found a forever friend in Nicole! For that, I am grateful!
4. My family. Not just my parents or my sister or my grandparents - my WHOLE family. You see, my "in-laws" aren't in-laws to me, they are simply more family to love & be loved by! I have been blessed beyond measure to have parents who love me and raised me to be me and I am also blessed to have married in to a family who love me and accept me for me. I feel so loved and blessed to be a part of such an amazing FAMILY - whether by blood, by marriage or by choice, family is a blessing. But here's a few I'll expand on: I am thankful for my Gran Gran's kind nature, my Pa's eyes that sparkle when he smiles, for my mother's heart and my daddy's hands. I am thankful for Tataw's random stories and the memory of Nanaw's crackerjacks. I am thankful for Mid & Dickie's honesty & humor, for Kelly's strength and Donna's laugh. I am thankful for the unique Mr. Klent and the audacious WendyBob. I am thankful for family.
5. My house. It's not where I want it to be, but it's a blessing just the same. It's peaceful, it's comfortable and it's a home.
6. The pups. I am thankful for Penny and Snow- for their unconditional love.
7. Our friends. Where would we be without true friends? We are blessed.
8. Cody, Hannah and Kyndall ~ I am thankful to have friends like Cody & Hannah who accept Kam and I for who we are and am thankful to them for allowing us to be a part of their lives and the lives of their precious daughter. What a joy it has been over the past "year" to be able to watch her grow and change and laugh and love. I am honored to be a part of yalls lives. My heart melts each time I see her and she smiles and says "NITNEY!" I thank yall for the blessing of friendship. Kam and I are thankful for y'all. :)
9. Change. O my, so much change has happened in Kam & I's lives this year. We've become "the old married couple." We've gained and lost friendships. Our lives have been severly altered this year by things beyond our control, but no matter how painful, somethings are for the best, even if it still doesn't feel that way. I am still trying to find the silver lining on this, but to everything there is a season - this was just one of those seasons that ended. So, I am thankful for change. If life were to never change, our lives would be stagnant and joyless.
10. Hope & dreams. A dreamer's gotta dream!
11. Passion & curiosity. ;)
12. Jewelry & hair color. You make me feel pretty. :)
13. SONrises - - I love to see the amazing paintings God puts on display for us each morning - each one unique, each one the same. What an amazing artist our God is! I am thankful for his art - I am thankful for His love, His grace, His understanding, His forgiveness, His shield of protection that covers me each day on my drive to & from work. I am thankful for prayer, hope & joy. I am thankful for SONshine...I am thankful for the little things I see and hear that remind me to look up and be in awe of what an amazing God we serve.
14. Work. Amazingly enough, these days I love my job. I am thankful for the great group of people I work for and with. It's been a bumpy road to get to where I am now, but wow, I do love my crazy world of brown!!
15. Life. I'll end with this one, because I am thankful for all the crazy, quirky, hard to understand up and down moments of this life we live. I am thankful for the chance to wake up each morning next to the man I love and to drive to a job where I get to see my very best friend 5 days a week. I am thankful for the hard times because they make us appreciate the good times. And I am thankful for the good times because they make the bad times worth while. I am thankful for hugs and tears and good music. I am thankful for movies that make you lose yourself in them. I am thankful for my beautiful horses even though I don't ride them near enough. I am thankful for memories - good and bad. I am thankful for life. :)
God Bless you all! May your thanksgiving be filled with good conversation & great eats!
peace.love.
whitterbree
1 comment:
Amen amen and amen.
I think I should warrant an entire paragraph...*tear*, maybe even and entire post...*sniffle* J/K LOL. You're the greatest. I love to read your words.
Post a Comment