Friday, January 8, 2010

randomness

If you know me at all, you know my mind goes in 100 directions at once nearly all the time. You see, I have a dreamer's mind and a gypsy's soul...but practical, boring feet.

~Sometimes I feel like the lyrics from Nanci Griffith's song, Late Night Grand Hotel, "It's not the way you'll say you hear my heart when the music ends, no... I am just learning how to fly away again...and maybe you were thinking that you thought you knew me well, but no-one ever knows the heart of anyone else."

~I wish I could throw my saddle on my old paint horse and ride to where ever the wind blew me...too many fences and highways to really enjoy it though. Man, what a view this part of the world must have been back before the towns and rail roads and the highways...and before fences held everything in...or out. When I was a kid, I'd ride below the Cap and imagine the Indians were watching me from every rock or tree. I always thought how easy it would be for some of them to still be out there undetected, undisturbed. I've always sort of hoped and dreamed it in to being.

~2009. What a year that was! There were some really, really rough roads and some really great ones too. Amazingly enough, the rough ones hang in my memory the clearest - like losing our friends over something beyond our control, but not understanding why it was us who got the shaft. It's been a hard road to let that go, somedays I haven't at all, other days I'm quite num to it all and other days I do what I should do and give it to God...why is that so hard to do when it's the easiest, clearest & smartest choice of all? Why do we as humans insist on hanging on to everything?

~2010. Well, here we go! Let's hope & pray this is the best year yet! I have a few resolutions - nothing major, but of course, I'd like to lose some extra baggage, i.e. junk, fat, stray thoughts, etc... So here's hoping! :)

Much Love To All.

Peace.
~whit~

1 comment:

Wendybob said...

a dreamer's mind and a gypsy's soul...that's beautiful.

If we ever needed to come up with a McNeely Sisters Official Slogan, I think that should be it!