I'm dreaming about my yard. My bleak, boring, pitiful yard. I'm sure the sweet little old lady who originally owned our house had the yard all spiffed up in old lady yard fashion, as it's full of ground cover and random piles of rocks that I assume once held purpose, but now...now it's drab.
I want flowers. I want color. I want TIME to do the things I want to do to my yard. And I declare I shall make time!
I did buy a fabulous metal pink flamingo - in old school WHIKISU fashion! And I just got my stellar deal-of-the-day swing/bench. (I'm sorry but 25 bucks for an old school metal bench in good condition is what I call a STEAL!). It's yellow right now, but by the end of next week it shall be red. WHORE RED!
I envision two small tables next to my swing - turquoise in color, with a beer on one and a margarita on the other as Kam & I swing together and dream...
Is it grotesque to spray paint plastic flower pots? I hope not, because all my cheap-o dollar store delight pots are getting a make over this year. Bright colors! All colors! It's going to fun and bright and verging on slightly tacky! And I'm going to be in town-yard Heaven, if there is such a thing.
I'll soon be making stepping stones. I'm going to do some mosaic magic to the tops of them, of course. I'm way excited!
Stay tuned for progress on my rather ambitious ideas for transforming my granny-style yard in to a gypsy inspired , wildwood hide-a-way! :)
Check ya later!
~w
1 comment:
spray paint those bitches!!!
I'm gonna do the same thing...brighten it up around here, and plant lots of big happy zinnias.
And I want a flamingo.
And I want you to make me a bad ass mosaic something or other. stepping stones would be nifty.
you make me smile.
Post a Comment