Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Pour Your Heart Out: Interventions & My desire to spill the beans




Hello friends!

So...I have become obsessed with photography. I might need an intervention...but I'd just walk out, so why bother?!

I have always loved photography. The way the light and shadows and composition, etc. all came together to make something speak to you. I love landscapes, wildlife, portraits...all of it.

Then, I bought my Canon 550d and my universe was altered. Altered, I tell you!

Now, my nights are filled with editing, my days at work are filled with thoughts of when I can get home to my camera...sometimes I even bring it to work. I am constantly checking out photography Web sites, googling new methods/equipment and drooling over the next lense/filter/etc I want. I'm always looking at different photographers' work - getting hints, tips, ideas and dreaming of the day when maybe, just maybe I'll be "that" good!

I've been taking pictures of friends lately. It's been a lot of fun. They all tell me I should start doing it as a side job, but I know I'm not good enough for that...maybe someday though! It's been fun learning and I can't wait to keep learning more & more!

Anyway, it's a great new hobby & I'm LOVING it! My dogs are probably sick of me, my friends are hooked up with free photography sessions & I am happy happy happy! :)

----

In other pour your heart out news-

Big changes are brewing in the Baker household....I can't spill all of the beans just yet, but I can say that I am ECSTATIC to start a new chapter in our lives, no matter how small or difficult it may be at first, I know God has a plan and I am more than ready to get this part of our journey started!

I wish I could tell y'all right now and shout from the roof tops with joy, because I am quietly shouting from the rooftops in my mind right now! I am SO happy!

I'll spill the beans soon though, PROMISE! :)

Peace, love & Red Beans,

~W~