Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Kye's Room

Since we're having a baby tomorrow...I thought I'd finally break down and show off his room! Forgive the horrible photos...

KYE canvases made by Aunt Wendy (or what ever she decides to be called!)

Crib, quilt made by my Aunt Sissy & Gran Gran

My craigslist rocker got a face lift - new paint & some awesome lyrics to my favorite song!

Kam's Uncle Greg made this BAKER sign for Kam a few years ago - I slapped on some crackle paint and some turquoise and it works perfect in his room!

If you haven't used chalkboard paint, use it! I love it!! So fun! And perfect for sweet messages to our little man!

Turkey feathers and baby blocks - the baby blocks I made have cowboy stuff on some sides and fishing stuff on others, plus the infamous KRB.

This book shelf was stark white before...I painted it brown and antiqued the outside with turquoise.


Here's the collage on the wall, it's a terrible photo and the frames aren't filled yet, but they will be! :)



The whole room - mostly...
I didn't get a close up of the red furniture, but it was white and I painted it red (3 coats...) and antiqued it with a deep brown glaze. I wasn't sure about it until we added the rubbed bronze knobs, after that I LOVED them!  Red is hard work, but it sure is pretty when it's done.

My parents and my sister all did pencil drawings to be put in some of the frames in the collage, I just haven't gotten them in the frames yet.  OOPs!

Anyway, the next time I write, I'll have a precious little boy to post photos of! I can't wait! 

Peace, Love & Nursery Rhymes,

W


2 comments:

Judy said...

I love it!!! You guys did a fantastic job... sooo creative.... that special sweet baby boy will come home to two amazing parents for sure! Love you both and congratulations! :)

Angela said...

Hey Whit! The nursery looks awesome!! I LOVE the "baker" sign that Greg made a few years ago! I will have to be sure he sees it! I know that he will love it too! So happy for you and Kam! Kye, Ayden, and Ryan are going to have lots of fun!!!!