Thursday, April 10, 2014

Thank God for what is right.


Sometimes when you have a lot going on, you get lost in the murky waters and forget to be grateful for the good.  This happened today, I was whining to myself about having to have 3 jobs, about my dirty house, about not wanting to do my school work, about money, etc. etc. etc...
Then, I saw this post on my FB news feed.  BOOM. So, I shall make a list.  (It's a new concept for me, don't ya know...heehee)

Instead of complaining about what's wrong, thank God for what's right! 


1.  This morning, I woke up and walked outside. Uncy was standing at the fence nickering at me.  That old horse and I have made a lot of tracks together. He's been moved around in his life as much, or more, than I have.  For the first time in my life, I can say, "We're home, Old Man, we're home."   And I get to mean it.  For this I am grateful and I thank God.

2.  My car started this morning. It got me to town. Tonight it will drive me around during a Senior session. It has carried hay, horse feed, props for sessions, fire wood, saddles, dogs, and very special kiddos. It's been loaded with camping gear, fishing poles and coolers. It's hauled boxes and pulled trailers to get us moved. It's a dirty nasty mess 95% of the time, but it allows me to get where I'm going and it's reliable and BIG.  I love my Momma Car.  I thank God I have an a/c and a reliable source of transportation. It's a big thing for me. 

3. My cousin had her baby about 10 days ago.  Kye and I went to see them.  We loved on Rody, played with the girls and had a blast.   I thank God for my relationship with Courtney. She is special to me and so is her precious little family!

4. My sister is having a baby!!!  A baby BOY!!  For this I am profoundly thankful. God is Good and He knows the desires of our hearts!

5.  My little Mister told me he loved me this morning.  He is my wild man, my hard headed little Tooter Bill, but he loves his Momma and she loves him.  My goodness, how grateful I am! 

6.  A miracle is a miracle, no matter how small.  Kye's cat, June, came home last night, after almost 3 weeks of missing.  She went to the house she was born at...in town!  She was ten miles from home and we got to pick her up last night!  We all love miss June and we are thankful she is home. 

7. I am thankful for this life. Whether we are on the struggle bus or riding high, I am thankful.  I have a great, hard-working husband, a wonderful family, a never-a-dull-moment son, some fabulous friends and I am healthy and happy! 

Life is good.   


If you're not "feeling it" today, stop and make a list of things you are thankful for.  Thank God for what is right. Thank God for what is good.   He will ease your troubled mind.  He'll bring that old struggle bus to a screeching halt! 

Peace, Love & Positive thinking,

W

No comments: