~ So often, we base our decisions on what others would think. We hold off on making amends with one person because of what another person might say. We get embarrassed of our situation because someone else's situation is "better." Or, rather, we do these things based on what the voices in our head tell us people are doing/saying. We listen to the negative without celebrating the positives. So for the new year, I resolve to ignore the chatterbox as often as possible. I want to box out the chatter and hear the Lord's voice over all others! (***if you haven't read it yet, pick up a copy of Crash the Chatterbox by Steven Furtick, it's a must read and by that I mean read it and read it often!)
2. I won't expect my 3 year old to be wise beyond his years.
~ My son is smart. He is smart and funny and mouthy. He sometimes throws fits. He even bosses me around and tells me no entirely too often. And so often, I expect so much out of him that he can never live up to it. I catch myself getting on to him and then later realize...he's being a 3 year old boy and there is no amount of yelling or talking or spanking that can change the fact that he is, in fact, a 3 year old boy. So, I've decided to remember that. I'll remember that no matter how intelligent the conversation we just had was, he is still an onry little boy...a 3 year old LITTLE boy, and I will let him be little.
~ I don't feel like this one needs much explanation...I'm going to try to do better. This may sound strange to some people, but I don't care. I love my husband. He is a hard working, honest man that loves me and loves our son. I am blessed to be his wife.
4. I won't be a doormat.
~ I have spent a lot of my life making sure everyone around me was happy. Often times, I've done so at the expense of myself. I love people to a fault. I am a forgiver. I am a lover. I want to hold tight to that part of me. It's a rare trait and I am proud of it, but I'm also learning that there is a fine line between kindness and doormat-ville. My blessing sometimes feels like a curse, but if I'll learn to say no when I really want to say no, or love people who have hurt me time & time again from a distance, that would be much better than bogging myself down or getting hurt over & over again.
5. I won't waste any time...
~ Life has proven to be entirely too short. 2014 proved to be a rough year at times. We as a family suffered some great loss on more than one occasion. It's been a hard year, but a good year too. So here we are, about to ring in this new year and I say, I will NOT waste any time. If I want to spend time with someone, I will do it then. If I have something to say, I will say it. If I have a day off and I want to spend it in sweats cuddled up with my sweet boy, I will. I will pray and I will remain thankful through the storms and I will know that our time on this earth is limited and that life is here for the living...L.I.V.I.N. ;)
With that all being said, I say...deuces 2014, you were a ***insert bad word here*** at times, but by the grace of God, we came out smelling like a rose...we may be a little wilted, but here we are! 2015 is going to be a blessed year! I say BRING IT ON!
Happy New Year from the family!
Peace, Love & Backward Resolutions,
w



1 comment:
Whitney, I love reading your blog. You inspire me! Thank you! Love, Judy
Post a Comment