Sometimes, I feel like I've lost myself.
In the hustle and bustle of every day life, I forget to stop and smell the roses. I forget to search for the end of the rainbow, or look past the present situation and find some peace in a wildflower blooming in the bar ditch or a momma cow nursing a brand new calf or a simple song lyric that speaks to my soul.
My life has become extremely busy. Stress has truly consumed us lately. I find myself agitated, flustered and struggling to find the positives. But tonight, my sweet Momma took my child and I had some time to reflect.
I sat on my back porch and watched it rain. I watched the ground soak up that long awaited moisture. I watched the rain pour off the horses' backs. I listened to the sound of raindrops on a tin roof. The clouds rolled in like a lion and laid a soft sweet rain on this land.
It's been a long awaited thing, for this part of the world to have sufficient rain, I'd say the Lord has answered some prayers in a mighty way! He's funny like that, I think. You know, they say He won't give you more than you can handle and maybe that's true. This land was cracked and dry, crying out for rain, crying for a break from the drought and like the mighty God that He is, He answered...but in His own time, not mine, not the farmers', not the ranchers'...His. Now, the wildflowers are blooming in thanks, the cotton is popping up in the fields, tanks are full and over flowing, rivers are running, lakes are brimming full and prayers have been answered!
Anyways...
Today was a long day. I dwelled on my sorrows and concerns, then walked out of work to a car that wouldn't start...talk about a pity party. There I was - broke down and feeling sorry for myself. I started thinking, "what else? why us? why now?" Then, I decided to leave work an hour early and go fishing with my boys.
We sat out at South Lake...smelled the stinky geese and watched cars fly by on the highway. Kye collected feathers and caught perch after perch after perch. He reeled them in on his own and was so proud of himself...the stress of the day began to fade. My thoughts went from can we pay our bills tomorrow to my gosh I love this kid...my blessings certainly do out weigh my downfalls.
Just like this tired, thirsty land, tonight the Lord filled me up once again! My blessings will flow like the rain in His own time. But right now, I have to remember to see the blessings I already have - a husband who will always find a way to provide for his family, a son who truly loves his momma and always makes me smile, 2 sets of parents that always find ways to help me when I need it most and a home with a view only God could have made...
Peace, Love & Cleansing Rains,
w

No comments:
Post a Comment