My first project is a rocking chair. We found one on craigslist that needed a face lift and are suppose to go pick it up sometime this week!
I'm going to paint the chair turquoise and have my sister (who has awesome artistic abilities that I definitely LACK) add some lyrics to one of my favorite songs to the back... ~Rock Me Mama Like a Wagon Wheel~ will be written across the back rest and on the back side of the chair, it will say, ~Hey Mama Rock Me~! On the arms, we're going to stencil red and other color floral patterns with a Spanish vibe and I'll recover the seat cushion with an awesome coordinating fabric! And add a pillow or two for good measure!
I can't wait to get this little project complete and post pictures. It's my favorite idea yet! And it's gender neutral! :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We got the crib ordered Monday. They call the color "cappucino" but in the description, it's listed as more of a rustic honey tone. It has lots of personality with knots and imperfections in the wood to give it a certain appeal. It's also a shorter crib - I'm only 5'3", so I was pretty pumped that it was a little lower to the ground than some of the others we've looked at! Here's a picture! I can't wait for it to arrive!
As far as the rest of the furniture, we are using old antique pieces that belonged to my Pa's family. We are painting them and antiquing the paint to get the old funky feeling, just the way I like it! We'll probably paint these pieces red and I'm going to replace the knobs on all the drawers with funky knobs found at Hob Lob, Main St. Mercantile, etc. I really want to find a tall book shelf too, but we shall see!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My mom and I are making the bedding, curtains, etc. together, we are just waiting to find out what direction we need to go as far as fabric, patterns, etc. I'm really excited to do this with her, it's been a long time since we've sewn together and we always have fun doing it!
She is such a talented woman - but it does run in the family. My aunt is one of the most amazing quilters I've ever met and my Gran Gran, her quilting and her embroidery are beyond amazing. My Gran Gran has always said her family has long been known for their needle work and seeing some of the pieces from her mother and from her, I sure believe it! I can only hope to be as amazing (in any area of life) as these women are!
I can't wait to pick out fabrics and decide on patterns! I'm thinking paisley...but we shall see!
She is such a talented woman - but it does run in the family. My aunt is one of the most amazing quilters I've ever met and my Gran Gran, her quilting and her embroidery are beyond amazing. My Gran Gran has always said her family has long been known for their needle work and seeing some of the pieces from her mother and from her, I sure believe it! I can only hope to be as amazing (in any area of life) as these women are!
I can't wait to pick out fabrics and decide on patterns! I'm thinking paisley...but we shall see!
~~~~~~~~~~~~
My only other statement for today is: THERE WILL BE NO RUFFLES in this nursery! :)
Peace, Love & Nursery Rhymes,
W

No comments:
Post a Comment