I would like to preface this by saying that my parents raised me to be a hard worker. I grew up riding colts, working cattle, building fence, cleaning house, cooking for cowboys and anything else they found for me to do or needed me to do. They raised my sister and I to care about our jobs and to take pride in all we do.
Today, I sent a request to a company to hold off on any more shipments until next week because we are full up on loads for the next several days. Mind you, we deal with 30 + companies between myself and another guy.
So, my company contact emailed me back telling me all sorts of lovely things and pretty much saying I wasn't doing my job...o and he used $#&%^! symbols a time or two...just to get his points across...I'm pretty sure cussing in a work related email embodies the term "unprofessionalism" whether you use the actual word or spell it out with symbols.
I did nothing wrong here. I was polite, professional and understanding, but then he took a strike again at my work ethic saying I didn't get his paperwork to him on time --- NOT TRUE --- AND that "unfortunately, you are the only person I get small grain from , so I guess it's my loss."
My McNeely temper flared. I informed him he could call and discuss this with me or my boss if he was not satisfied with the way I was handling my job, that I did the best I could for his company and had since I got here 4 years ago. I also told him I spent a large portion of my time dealing with his company's requests, but "lucky for him, I'd be out of a job in a few months and he'd be rid of me and my "poor customer service"."
I am still upset. I am still fired up. I did nothing wrong. I simply asked that they hold off because our warehouses are full, we are short handed and they have 12 loads set up for the next 3 days...plus all the other companies' loads we have set up the next few days...
Why do I feel so guilty? Why do I feel like I did wrong when I KNOW I haven't done an absolute thing wrong? UGH...
I've had two company reps call today for different things and tell me they appreciated my hard work for them. Then one of our logistics guys called in saying he wished he had a spot for me in his office... I guess 3 to 1 isn't so bad. I guess I should take the 3 for good and ignore the 4th...but I can't. A shot at my work ethic and my character is something I don't take lightly.
I just had to vent....I guess today's one of the days when I'm glad this place is closing and I'll get to start a new chapter in my life...
Peace, Love & New beginnings,
W
1 comment:
Awwww .. hang in there Whit! Some people are just jerks! Love ya!
Post a Comment