Then this morning, while checking out my newest addiction, http://www.pinterest.com/, I found an awesome photo of a sign...
So...in true McNeely fashion, I shall make a list of things I am thankful for right now. Not tomorrow. Not yesterday, but today.
1. I am thankful for the kicks to the rib and the constant bathroom breaks. I am thankful for the little man growing inside me!
2. I am thankful for my mom. She is a beautiful person with a big heart. We don't always see eye to eye and we often misunderstand one another, but she loves me dearly. And I love her too.
3. I am thankful for a husband who loves me. He felt the baby kick really good for the first time a few nights ago - he is still talking about it. I am thankful for his hilarious good bye's in the morning "I'm gone. I love you. Bye. Have a good day, I love you. Bye. I'm leaving, have a good day, be careful, I love you, etc etc..." he yells as he puts his boots on and heads out the door. Sometimes I think...I heard you already and I answered you - you don't have to repeat it 15 times...but I love it and am thankful for his morning nonsense.
4. I am thankful for my drive to work, it's the only peaceful time I have before walking in to this dump. My drive relaxes me, lets me think. It's my quiet time with God. We drive, we talk, we pray, we sing, we cry. As much as I sometimes gripe about my drive to and from work, I will miss my quiet time and I am thankful for it today.
5. I am thankful to have found Mack-dog a home. I love him dearly, but he isn't getting the attention he needs from us and it makes me sad. Today a friend of mine decided to take him to their house. They have three kids and they love going to the lake (Mack's favorite adventure!) so I know he will be loved and played with and happy. I am thankful that someone else will get to love this oversized puppy the way I wish I could have.
6. I am thankful for pedicures. This girl is having issues reaching her toes in a comfortable manner. So thank you, weird oriental guy for softening my heels and slapping paint on my toe nails. I'll be seeing you after work, my little friend. O yes, I am thankful for pedicures! :)
I am thankful for many more things, but that'll do for now. I guess sometimes we just need a reminder of how loved and how blessed we really are. So today, I won't let the bossman tear me down, I won't let my worrying over not having a job in 2 months effect my day and I won't let the fact that I still haven't finished painting the furniture upset me. I will be happy & thankful & at peace! :)
Peace, Love & Baby Baker,
W




2 comments:
i love you!!!
Like this post. It's hard to see the sunshine in the rain sometimes. Glad you found yours :)
Post a Comment