Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Kindred Connection Party! Gotta love sweet Summer time!

Windy Poplars

I saw this little party and just knew I had to join in! I am all about summertime! This warm weather is getting me geared up for some serious lake time!

Go check out Windy Poplars for sure! This is a great idea to find new great blogs & meet fun people! :)


1. How do you most like to entertain during the summer (pool party, picnic, cookout, etc.)? - Or if your situation doesn't allow for entertaining right now, what do you look forward to being able to host? We love cooking out and having a few cold ones to cool us off from the hot Texas heat. We spend lots of time at the lake in our camper, so that's a great place of entertainment for us too! Nothing beats floatin in the water with a cold one in your hand! Anywhere is a great spot to entertain as long as you are surrounded by your loved ones & your friends!

2. Do you have a favorite summertime dessert? Mmmm...homemade ice cream!

3.What is your best outdoor summer date idea? Just me & Kam going fishing/camping/swimming. Or us just hanging out in our front yard relaxing, playing with the pups and visiting.

4. Share any outdoor decorating tips/ideas you have...
Nothing beats a vamped up old bench! Paint it a bright, fun color and it automatically becomes not only a functional place to sit, but a great eye catcher too! I've enjoyed finding unique things to hang outside too - I've got big metal flowers, crosses & signs hung on the house for character. And don't forget bird feeders! They bring life & enterntainment! And of course, you can never have enough flowers! :)

5. What will we find you wearing most in the summertime?
Well, when I'm not at work...flip flops and caps! Summer is all about comfort, relaxation & enjoyment...I'll be ready for all three wherever they may be!

2 comments:

Wendybob said...

Yay! I wanna come drink beer on your bench!

Kristin said...

Hi Whit! Thanks for joining the fun today! I really like your idea of painting an old bench a bright colors. What a fabulous thought! The lake you spend time at in your camper sounds just divine. We'd love to get a camper someday...maybe when the car's paid off.- What kind do you have? Any suggestions for what types to consider when we're in the market?