Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Paying it forward & other ramblings

This is going to be a little random, but hey, what's new.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So I'm sure I've mentioned this, but I haven't had a coke (or anything caffeinated for that matter) in a little over a month. I'm really proud of myself, as I think I should be. This is a big step for me toward becoming a better me. I use to drink at least 3 dr. peppers a day. I always felt bloated and gross. Now...I drink water ALL the time. I feel healthier, happier, lighter and much more alert. My only complaint is my migraines. I get migraines, I always have. Use to, I could drink me a coke and take my meds and it would at least become bearable, but now, I just take my medicine and it doesn't work as well. BUT...I refuse to give in. I refuse.

My next goal (which I've been doing pretty well at so far) is to eat out less. I use to eat out ALL the time. I'm talking almost every day at lunch, then again that night. Now? I eat out at lunch maybe once a week and am trying to get in the habit of cooking supper more often - I enjoy cooking, but i despise cleaning the kitchen...ugh...So I'm trying to be better. I've even been bringing apples & clementines for snacks at work, for those of you who know me, yall know what an amazing feat this is because I'm not a fruity person. LOL Well, wish me luck!

I've also been walking with some friends of mine (or alone) at least a couple of times a week. This is not only good for me, but a great stress reliever and some much needed time with my main man the Mack-dog. O man, my Macky rocks! *for those who don't know, he's a 2 yr old chocolate lab & my new found BFF. I'm so glad he joined our little familia.

I also have a Wii fit, but don't use it very often lately because, unfortunately my husband despises it. I really need another TV in our spare bedroom...guess I should seriously look in to that. Maybe my next goal should be to use my Wii fit at least 3 nights per week for a month and see if Kam will come around...and maybe even start Wii'ing with me! :)

And I'm also working on the 'Paying it Forward' idea. Acts of simple kindness...when someone does something nice for you, repay them by paying it forward & doing something nice for someone else! :) I think if we all tried this, this world would be a much, much better place! :) Wouldn't it be great if we all helped each other out more often? Well, I'm on board. Hope you are too!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I went to Abilene this past weekend with my bestest CRAZEEE lady friend, Callie, and her most adorable little boy Ethan. We attended the many festivities of the WHC (Western Heritage Classic) and enjoyed every second of it. Ethan loves all things cowboy. He wears his little straw hat, his boots & his spurs every where. I'm pretty sure he's the cutest kid ever. :) On Friday, we had a blow out, which took up most of our day, but Saturday was a blast - we went to the horsesale and watched the guys ride their sale colts through, shopped (I bought a new pair of hand tooled mules...they rock...just sayin), went to the match horse races for a while, then went to the rodeo and dance. All in all, the WHC was a hit, once again. Good times with good friends. My biggest disappointment was not hanging out with Nicole...but otherwise...all good stuff!

On Sunday, before we headed home, we took Ethan to the zoo. I can't explain how much fun I had with him & Callie there. Ethan was AMAZED at everything! His favorite part of it all was feeding the giraffes! :) Man I love that kid!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I just realized I only have 2 followers...so Wendy & Amanda...THANK YOU! Thanks for reading my nonsense. Much love to yall! :)



Peace, Love & Kindness!

Whit

1 comment:

Wendybob said...

1. Yes you are fruity. Just not in the "eater or fruit" sense of the word.

2. Didn't mean to hog the Mom-love. I owe you an Awesomest Sister post

3. The mules are cool

4. Start reading more blogs and commenting...people will come to check you out and start following you. I'm up to like 26 now. Amazing.

5. Tomorrow is totally Zeke's birthday. Expect a blog post filled with Zeke-ness.