Thursday, August 5, 2010

5 Beautiful Things

Beauty surrounds us every moment of every day, but so often we fail to notice it or appreciate it. Here are a few God given beauties that make me smile and give thanks!

1. Sunsets/Sunrises
~I see a lot of these on my daily drives to & from work. And each one I see brings a new part of me to life. So many colors, so many rays of light, so many different cloud formations - it's always breathtaking. Only God could hold such a paint brush!





2. My horses
~These guys light up my life. Just seeing them brings me back to me...I pray for the day when I have a place to bring Uncy to Post so I can ride all the time, just like I did back when...All horses are a thing of beauty, even the big headed, high whithered, ugly suckers have a way of winning your heart (here's to a sway backed ranch horse named Sueno...I'll see ya again some day, ole pard!)




3. Rain
~Rain is a good thing! We've seen a lot of it this year, more in 2 weeks than we usually see in a year, but no matter what, it's still beautiful! It fills our lakes and rivers, provides water for farmers & ranchers, I've always referred to it as job security. Beautiful, Heaven sent job security! And besides, rain makes rainbows! ;)


4. Flowers
~My family is full of women with green thumbs, mine isn't quite as green, but I try. My aunt might as well be Martha Stewart and my mom & Gran Gran's yards are full of old fashioned flowers filled with vibrant blooms. My yard, well, hey I tried! :) But flowers, whether they are in a yard, a pasture or a bar ditch are some of the most amazing things on earth. They are so full of beauty and wonderment! And well, wildflowers, they best stay wild!



5. Children
~I have several friends with little ones and they never cease to amaze me. They are so full of light and love and joy. I adore the kids in my life and can't wait to be a mommy myself someday! Children are a precious gift! Yet another beautiful blessing from God's hands. Here's a picture of my friend Callie's little boy, Ethan...he was all tuckered out from a day at the lake! Innocence at it's best!




Maybe you've driven by the exact same spot 100 times and never truly looked at it's beauty until recently. Or maybe you relish in the beauty of the wildflowers in the barditch every morning, or a neighbors yard, or a stranger's kind smile. There is beauty in everything, if only we allow our selves to see it. Once we see it, we must cherish it, share it and believe in it! Thank the Lord for the beautiful things - no matter how big or how small, how peculiar or how mundane, beauty is everywhere! Go out and find it!

Peace, Love & A Gypsy's Soul,

Whit

No comments: