Friday, August 6, 2010

My Friday Confessions...

Windy Poplars

~I'm catching the back end of this confessions train, but here it goes....

Confession #1:
I despise wearing socks. Shoes too, but socks mostly. I would rather be barefooted than anything else. Socks make me feel restricted. I've been this way forever...ask my poor mother who wanted nothing more than to protect me and keep me warm, yet I refused! Mama Tried! ;)


Confession #2:
I watch the Disney Channel. O yes, I'm a frequent viewer of Hannah Montana, Sonny with a Chance, Wizards of Waverly Place & Good Luck Charlie. I dvr them. I'll be 26 next month and I get excited when they make new episodes. I get even more excited when they make a new made-for-TV move on the Disney Channel. But the best part...my hubby loves it too! I mean where else can you get good wholesome entertainment with humor, love & life lessons all included!? It's fun! Try it out!


Confession #3:
I hate getting dressed up. Ever since I was a little girl, I preferred boots (or flipflops), jeans and a hat. I am still that same girl. I put make up on only for weddings, funerals, church & nights out. I haven't worn makeup to work in probably 2 months. I also despise fixing my hair. Today was the first day in 2 weeks that I fixed my hair for work, it's pony tails or caps for this girl. I am plain jane in that respect, but I do have fabulous highlights in my hair & I never leave home without big, gawdy earrings and a couple of bangles on my wrist!

Confession #4:
I hate cooking for just my husband & I. I feel really guilty about this, because I do love cooking, but I love cooking for other people. I love cooking for Kam & his friends or for my friends or our families. But on a normal weeknight, my dear husband is lucky if he gets boxed spaghetti. It's sad, I know, but it's the truth.



Confession #5:
My husband makes me giddy. Don't get me wrong, somedays I want to scream at the top of my lungs and then poke my eyeballs out because of him...but gosh he has my heart! He is by far the most entertaining person I know. He makes me crazy with his constant random sing songs about our dogs, he drives me insane with his neverending quest to irritate me, but if it wasn't for all that I wouldn't appreciate those moments where he looks at me and all I see in his eyes are how much he loves me. Last night was one of those moments....they make my lil heart go pitterpatter! :)




~Peace, Love & Dreams~

WHIT



2 comments:

Kristin said...

Hi Whit! Thanks for jumping on our Confessions Train (even if it was the caboose ;-). These were really fun to read-I'm w/ ya on the teen/tween shows. I keep wondering when I'm going to grow out of them, but I'm always sucked in! You're right - no shoes and socks = feet that can breathe! Hope you have a wonderful weekend! Thanks again for joining in the party!

Kenzie said...

I hate shoes and socks too! If I could go barefoot all the time I would! And it's so hard to cook for just 2 people, before I had kids I had a hard time motivating myself to cook for my husband! Thanks for the visit today!