Becoming a mother is something I've always dreamed about. I always kept in mind that being "mommy" wasn't all about smiles and cuddles and cute little nothings. I knew about the dirty diapers, the up-all-nights and all those other not-so-fun parts of mommyhood, But I never cared. I still don't care to be honest. I can NOT wait for this adventure.
BUT.....
I am also scared senseless. Will I be a good mom? Will I know what to do? Will I know what to say when their world is crumbling around them? Will I remember words to songs they should learn? Will I be a good example? Will they be smart? Will I make the right decisions for them before they are able to make their own? Will I find a new job that will provide for our family properly? Will I find a new job AT ALL? What if I don't want to go back to work? Is this the worse time ever to consider getting my masters? Is everything okay? Will everything be okay? And so forth & and so on....
I know worrying will get me no where, I am usually not a worrier, but with all the added stress of losing my job and having had such an "uncomfortable" pregnancy thus far, I have literally worried myself in to sleepless nights and crazy crying fits. I have become a raging lunatic (just ask Kam)! :)
And then....
Yesterday we made our way to Dr. Lampkin's office and found out that this little miracle is a boy! Immediately, half of my worries disappeared. All I could think of was hoping he loved horses as much as I do and fishing as much as his daddy does...and how blessed we were to be told how perfectly he was growing. We laughed at his touch-me-not ways (just like ME) and noticed he already has his daddy's nose. And the questions went from "what if's" and "will i's" to "I wonder's" just like that!
I know I still don't know what the future holds, but our futures are held in God's hands, not our own. And I SO often have to remind myself of that. Yesterday was one of those reminders. I'll find a job, our baby will be happy and healthy and things will be just as they are suppose to be...I have faith. I doubt this will cure my raging lunatic ways right now and I'm still going to catch my self worrying, but hey...it's all gonna be just fine! :)
So here's to snakes & snails & puppy dog tails....
....and fishing poles & little spurs & four wheelers & babysitter horses & football helmets & shetland bronc ridings...
(this kids gonna be busy..heeheehee)
Peace, Love & BIG Dreams,
W
4 comments:
I am so happy for you and Kam! I certainly don't have the wisdom to make you stop worrying and wondering, but you and Kam both have wonderful families that will help in any way they can!
Love you both so much!!!!!!!!
SoooOOOooo excited for you!!! You will be a WoNdErFuLL Mama!!! :)
The Lord has big plans for you and a job were you're treated like the jewel you are!!!
LOVE YALL!!!!
Congrats on having a boy! They are so so so much fun! You will be a great Mom.:)
Thank y'all..y'all are sweet! xo
Post a Comment