Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Lunch with my favorites

I needed a lift today, so I drove out to see my boys...and Bea, during my 40 minute lunch. (Mind you it takes 15 minutes to get out there and 15 minutes back...I was Speedy Gonzales Fo Sho!)

I took a few NOT SO great photos while I was there. So sue me, I was shoving a DQ chicken sandwich down my throat and hoping I made it back by to work by 1. I didn't, but at least I can say I tried!

So there I am...snacking on some fries while the boys generously lick the paint on my new g-ride (Kam will love the tongue marks, I'm sure), when I look up and notice my Tad-man. 
I guess something was funny...

Bea's the queen of the horse pasture. She loves attention, but only on her terms, not yours. And the two brothers, well you can tell they like to hog it...she tried getting her ears scratched a few times, but here came the boys, every time!


Pick Me! Pick Me!

Of all the horses I've owned. One in particular stole my heart for good. My old man, Uncy. 

I was a little girl, riding around with my Pa, checking out his new crop of colts when I saw a little yellow and white colt with legs as long as you'd ever seen standing awkwardly by the best Momma horse you'd ever seen. 

He shined in the sun and like that, my heart was gone.  Pa named him Bea's Once.  He was Honey Bea's eleventh foal,  (once is 11 in Spanish). Honey Bea was a beautiful palomino mare. She was Pa's favorite. I can't remember just how many babies she had before she died, but I know for sure it was at least 15 because Quince Bea had a few foals for Pa before he sold his herd.

Bea's Once at the L7 pens -2008
Anyway, Uncy's been my man since I was around 7.  He's a heck of a cow horse and he's all business. He's all legs and his head is bigger than most prefer, but his heart is bigger than Texas and his eyes are ever knowing and always full of love. He loves a good scratching and to eat cake out of my Daddy's hand.   He's my horse on paper and in my heart, but if he could talk, he'd tell ya he was Stan's. They're pals, for sure. 

Stan the Man & Uncy
Anyway, I sure enjoyed my lunch with the herd.  They make me laugh and smile and long to throw a leg over one of them, take off & never look back. But, reality sunk in about 12:50 today and I hauled it back to town... thanks for the lunch date, boys.  I'll see ya again real soon!

T & Uncy

Peace, Love & lunch dates,

W

No comments: