Well, now that we know we're having a little boy...some of my original plans (as discussed here) have been revised...
I ended up ordering solid red bedding. It came in and it's perfect! It's just the right shade of red - not too bright, and not too dull!
And Mom, Gran, Sissy, Wendy & I are going to tag team a crazy quilt for the crib quilt. It's going to be all colors and bright and happy. What I love about crazy quilts is no matter how "new" they are, they have that old feel to them because they are seemingly thrown together. (I'll post when we work on it/complete it)!
I finally found a rocking chair! Thank you, Craigslist!! Now it's time for the facelift - tighten the arm, rough it up a little, add my favorite "Wagon Wheel" verses, a few funky designs, a pillow or two and this oversized, funky rocking chair will be complete! I can't wait to get to the finished project on this one!!
The crib still hasn't came in which is driving me INSANE, but I'm trying to be patient!!
And then...I splurged. I ordered a handmade leather pillow from Lacy Gray. If she had a link, I'd add it here because her and her hubby, Ryan, are making some awesome stuff! ANYWAY...she started making these pillows and they are completely amazing. SO...I ordered one. Check it out! The photo is a little dark, but the back of the pillow is a dark brown. I cannot wait to pick it up!
As far as the furniture goes, I am kind of at a loss. I was going to paint the chest of drawers & dresser both red and antique them with brown, but with the red bedding and me deciding to leave the rocking chair red...I am thinking of painting the furniture a dark brown and antiquing it with a deep turquoise...I just don't want it to get too girly or too...busy. So, if you have any ideas on this, let me know cuz I'm at a loss. I am going to replace all the knobs with vintage metal knobs and really try to keep the old personality of it all because lets face it, this furniture is ancient and it ain't too purdy, but I love it.
Mom is also giving me my little bookshelf from when I was growing up, so I need to think of something fun to do with it too because right now it is stark white. OUCH!
Anyway, I'm sure I'll have more ideas and more posts changing those ideas, but for now. This is what we've got. Hopefully, we'll get crack-a-lackin' on these projects after our totally awesome fishing adventure/vacation next week...
Peace, Love & Turquoise,
W




4 comments:
I love it! The color red is a beautiful shade and I'm sure the little one's nursery will be just perfect! Your ideas are amazing.. I would have never thought of doing that kinda stuff or even know how... he's a lucky fella for having you guys as parents! :) Can't wait to see more pictures as your projects unfold! Love, Judy
Such gorgeous choices! I like the idea of the dark turquoise.
can't wait to see it all! i love everything so far
It's a work in progress for sure!
We tore the rocking chair apart to work on it and Kam accidentally split the seat, so now I hope our "fixin'" will work! haha
And the crib never showed up, so I ordered a different one...and and and...it just keeps going!
BUT...I sure did order little man a Mama Tried Onesie from the Junk Gypsy's haha!! :)
Post a Comment